Hosted by Tony Zeoli, founder of Digital Strategy Works. Here is why we need to keep inline style and HTML out of the post editor. It can cause problems when others attempt to edit a page and delete styles and html, which then have be be reset. We should never use the post editor for page layout – that is what page builders are for or we should create custom page templates and call those into our themes and use post body or custom fields to insert content into content blocks. Using inline styles and div blocks also cause issues with future development, because then a common page template cannot be modified. Each page or post layout has to be modified and maintained as similar to others to keep a consistent layout sitewide. It just reintroduces all of the problems we had with inline styles in HTML before CSS was introduced later on.
What all PMPress videos.
- Clearly Better Days CBD Oil Ecommerce Site Enhancements - October 7, 2019
- Drupal to WordPress Migration for Bookstr.com - February 5, 2019
- Digital Strategy Works is a WP Engine Agency Member Partner - January 24, 2019
- PMPress #5: Team Communication - March 22, 2018
- PMPress Episode 4: Keep Inline Styles Out of the Post Editor - March 16, 2018
- PMPress Episode 3: What You Should Know About Page Builders - March 16, 2018
- PMPress Episode 2: Adding a Site and XML Sitemap to Google Search Console - March 16, 2018
- PMPress Episode 1: WordPress Project Communication and Time Tracking - March 16, 2018
- How developers are getting WordPress theme development wrong - May 25, 2016
- Digital Strategy Works launches TonyHumphries.com and social media strategy - November 7, 2014